BF2142 connection issues

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi, just got 2142 as i thought it would be a nice fun game to play. I thought, like bf2 i'd have to log in etc. However I simply cannot. I can't create an account nor can I log in with my previous (which I doubt you could do anyway). It simply says:

the server timed out please try again later

OR

your connection to the ea master server has been lost

The second one sounds like I made a connection then lost it, but i'm doubtful.

I tried disabling window's firewall completely (despite the app being on the exceptions list). My router has all ports opened for my main comp's static IP addy so it can't be that.

Anyone have any experience? I doubt the server is down? Is it worthwhile clearing some cached data perhaps?

Cheers
Tom

P.S Using the standard version that came with the retail disc

Hi, just got 2142 as i thought it would be a nice fun game to play. I thought, like bf2 i'd have to log in etc. However I simply cannot. I can't create an account nor can I log in with my previous (which I doubt you could do anyway). It simply says:

the server timed out please try again later

OR

your connection to the ea master server has been lost

The second one sounds like I made a connection then lost it, but i'm doubtful.

I tried disabling window's firewall completely (despite the app being on the exceptions list). My router has all ports opened for my main comp's static IP addy so it can't be that.

Anyone have any experience? I doubt the server is down? Is it worthwhile clearing some cached data perhaps?

Cheers
Tom

P.S Using the standard version that came with the retail disc

Search on google for an update or patch, that might help. Also, try clearing cached stuff.

Back
Top Bottom