Best way to clean a disc?

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
I'm not sure if this is the right section to put this in.

But I got a important CD that is to scratched for it to read it all and I really can't figure out how to get it to look a little better. I think I'm just making it worse :eek:

start at center of disk and clean AWAY tothe edges if you go in circles it will damage the disk.try a cleaer for cds or just asoft cloth is it an os disk by any chance?

yeah I was using a soft cloth but going in circles with it before :/ I'll tell you if in a few hours if this going outwards will work.

i used magiciso, not spamming and it saved my disk i made an iso and burnt it to another disk and it works beautifully, it gives you a handy back up to.

the best thing that I could suggest is getting a disc cleaning machine.

beware, some of these are useless...

either that or go into a shop where they sell 2nd hand games and such, they usually have really good machines in there for removing scratches from game CDs before they sell them.

explain your predicament that you have a scratched CD and that you need some data off of it and ask if they can pop the disc into their cleaning machine, if they say no, tell them that you'd be willing to give then some money for their trouble. and see where that gets you.

trying to clean yourself with a soft lint free cloth can help, though usually I find that it just adds other minute scratches to the disc.

If you have that spray used to clean LCDs and such. I'd try that. I've used it on a CD and it got pretty clean. Don't over spray though.

Try to get a cleaning machine before. I trust them more.

Back
Top Bottom