Best Video Editing Software

The Prophet

In Runtime
I need a couple of ideas for good video editing software, DVD creation, stuff like that. What I need to do with this software is create Demo DVDs and promotional things so that he can give them out to new students at his karate school. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The software does not have to be free, we are willing to pay for it. It doesn't have to be cheap either.

Thanks a lot.

Good luck in your search, I find most of them to suck.

I will give you a few tips, do not use/buy Uled Video Studio, or any Ulead software more to the point, I've had their software bundled with stuff before and it is awful, they have spent more time trying to make it good looking that its bloated, unstable and awful to use. Its ammiture software, and that's offending armature programmers.

Adobe Premier is seen to be one of the best video editing suites around, but it will be quite pricey and it is quite complex to use. Out of the software I tried I found it to be the most useful, if a little frustrating at times.

Well, i suggest ULEAD Mediastudio Pro 7.0. Its 300 bucks and ive been using it for a time now and its really good.

and for DVD authoring i suggest ULEAD DVD MovieFactory 4.0 100 bucks and it works good

i like ULEAD some people don't, i find that its easy to use

I don't know much about video editing software, but if it's just for simple camcorder recordings tranfering to DVD with basic editing and effects, have a go and try the Movie Maker bundled with Windows XP. It's in version 2 now and I find it ideal for simple videos. Nero Burning Rom will help you out on putting it on DVD.

Well, it needs to be pretty advanced, because we are going to try to get as much as we can out of it.

Thanks so far guys, we are going to look into ULEAD a little, unless something better comes up?

Prophet im telling you Ulead dont deserve a penny of anyones money, their software is absoultly the pits, and if you want advanced your proberly looking for something like Adobe Premier.

EDIT: Acctualy looking at the Ulead stuff mini_2003 reccomeded the screenshots look alot less assey than the stuff I used, however after using their other stuff I still would nto touch them with a 10ft cordless keybaord. They are honestly the worst software developer I've ever delt with.

the software that usually comes with the bundles, like video cards, sound cards, etc. usually suck. But ive used adobe premier, ulead, sonic, avid... and i find ulead mediastudio pro 7 to be the easiest to use.

For the exact reason you see, a company should never produce low quality side products, because though it may be a perfect video editing suite, id never touch it now. :(

When will companies learn?

Well, I guess I will check them both out, someone I know has Ulead, so we are checking it out from her, and if that ends up being total crap, then we are just going to buy Adobe Premiere.

Back
Top Bottom