Best for computers

fearthis

Beta member
I would like to go to school for computers, but I do not know which school to go to. There are schools like , it tech,everest,and devry, but I am not sure if those schools will teach me what I need to know, let alone get me a job. I heard that even when you finish at a schools like these. The employers out there really do not see a school like those as a real degree. So could someone tell me which school I can go to, so I do not have to worry about going to a school that I later find out I have wasted my time with.

Go to any accredited college.

amen. Go to a regular college they have degrees like computer science, information systems and software engineering. Those smaller schools like you listed are no match to a regular school... that is my personal opinion though. But I would highly recommend going to a traditional college. I am majoring in information systems and going to the University of Idaho... see you can get a major dealing with computers without going to those small tech schools that don't offer anything high than a bachelors and even then some only offer an associates.

I went to a 2 year technical college and got a degree in computer networking and now work at a school as the network admin.

You're much better off going to a real college if you (or your parents) can afford it. I went to technical school like you're talking about and I still had to work a crappy job for a while before anyone would look at me seriously for a good IT job. Although in this job market, experience beats education every time...

Back
Top Bottom