Beeping cpu

nile1

Beta member
Okay so I've got this weird problem and I'm just posting this on several forums quick, not sure where else to put this.

A few minutes ago while my anti-virus was scanning I started getting beeps, the sequence was 1 long delay, 2 quick. I had this about three times, then it stopped. A minutes later it happened again except only one sequence. Now my PC is completely fine, no indication of anything wrong happening, no burning smell, overheating, loss of performance etc. My mobo is an Asus pn5.

I had this sequence a few months ago but it wasn't irregular or random, my GPU was overheating because it accumulated too much dust and I assumed that it solved the problem, there was nothing to indicate anything else was wrong and the beeping stopped. I've also moved my CPU away from the wall a bit more so it should be cooler in general.

Note I have checked everything is seated fine as it always has been.

I have no clue what is wrong, should I replace anything? Right now I'm sitting at around 10 minutes of no beeps thinking my computer isn't going to explode but...

The computer tests the computer to make sure it meets the necessary system requirements and that all hardware is working properly before starting the remainder of the boot process. If the computer passes the POST the computer will have a single beep (with some computer BIOS manufacturers it may beep twice) as the computer starts and the computer will continue to start normally. However, if the computer fails the POST, the computer will either not beep at all or will generate a beep code, which tells the user the source of the problem.

I simply got confused by the signals from the PC speaker, seems like my anti-virus was just using it as an alert and I didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom