Azureus a virus?

Toby1

Daemon Poster
This pretty much explains the situation...

nod32azureus3xg.jpg

Although, I think it's false posative by Nod32. Because I have installed Azureus before with no problems. And I even did a scan of the actual "Azureus.exe" file itself (in C:/Program Files/Azureus), Nod32 said it wasn't a virus.

Note: Does this when downloading from IE, FF and Opera.

Just weird, thought some people might like to know.

well there shouldn't be any virus in Azureus, but if u are downloading it from some other place than the official one then there could always be some spyware/adware etc.

I got something similar from Windows Live Messenger with a Newheur Virus. I highly doubt it's that case for you.

It's probably from what you're downloading or something. I use BitComet and it never comes up with that.

alvino said:
It's probably from what you're downloading or something. I use BitComet and it never comes up with that.

I'm not sure what you mean... I'm downloading the Azureus program itself (from download.com), not a torrent. That's why I find it weird that Nod32 thinks it's a virus. It never used to. Maybe I'll download it from the official Azureus site and see what happens.

I've switched to UTorrent now anyway...

No virus, and it's better. :)

Weird, never heard of that before. I don't think the file has any viruses though. if it's hosted by download.com. Try downloading using a different file manager like Free Download Manager and see if it still comes up.

Toby said:
I'm not sure what you mean... I'm downloading the Azureus program itself (from download.com), not a torrent. That's why I find it weird that Nod32 thinks it's a virus. It never used to. Maybe I'll download it from the official Azureus site and see what happens.

I've switched to UTorrent now anyway...

No virus, and it's better. :)

You downloaded it from Download.com? Haha, I remember when the Spybot: Search and Destroy 3.0 they had was actually spyware and it cause quite a stir. :p

Yeah, uTorrent is probably THE best Windows BitTorrent client out. It has such a small foot print and hardly uses ANY resources. I'm using BitComet because I'm too lazy to install and uninstall anything else, so yeah. :p

Back
Top Bottom