Audio Help! Audigy soundcard is crap!

Ð88

Fully Optimized
A about a month ago i picked up a Creative Labs Audigy soundcard from a friend for a relatively cheap price but it was shortly after installing that i realized it was going to be a lot of hassle to keep. It seemed to affect my computer's ability to shutdown and restart at first but I was able to ignore that much of it. Then it got worse with random audio malfunctions like squeels and static but once again i was able to ignore it cause it didn't happen often. Then I finally had enough when it started causing BSODs and making my computer restart. I figured enough of this BS soundcard...

Anyways, I tried uninstalling the drivers for it first but the installer seemed to be corrupt or something cause my computer froze while uninstalling them. I restarted and checked to see if they were still in the control panel>add/remove program. Unfortunately they weren't so i couldn't be sure if they got removed. So i took the soundcard out and re-installed the motherboard's audio drivers (Realtek AC97). This is when i realized the old ones had not been fully removed. I keep getting error messages and such that suggest there are conflicts with the old drivers. That didn't surprise me.

Now my problem is removing the old drivers. I have no clue how to do it now. I fear that I might have to reformat and that is going to be devasting because I have so much information on my harddrive to back up at this point. Does anyone know how I could rid myself of this problem without reformating??

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Back
Top Bottom