Audio Clipping, Possible IRQ Conflict, etc...

matius

Baseband Member
Please first see my specs...

Pentium 4, 3GHz
2GB RAM
Windows XP
Audiophile 24/96 Soundcard

------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, when I listen to Windows Media Player, QuickTime, MySpace.com, etc...or writing music, the audio on my computer sort of skips/clicks/clips. As if the processor cannot handle the audio. It may happen if I'm trying to do two things at once...like opening Microsoft Word at the same time I'm listening to a track.

I really want to fix this problem. It's been bothering me for a long time now.

I understand some possible problems are an IRQ conflict...or perhaps something is downloading behind the scenes. Another that I should just dedicate my soundcard for computer music applications, rather than let Windows use the soundcard to play audio.

I've also altered Windows settings for music production.

If you're a bit more computer savvy than I, below is a link showing my current IRQ setup. A red box surrounds the IRQ my soundcard is on. It is not alone on IRQ 19. Maybe you might suggest putting it on its own IRQ.

http://www.qwlproductions.com/help/

I really appreciate any help in the matter!

M

Eh I have the same card as you, and I had the same problems because of an IRQ conflict with my network card.

What i recomend is disabling as many unused devices as possible (Usually serial ports, paralell ports, unused IDE controllers, unused SATA controllers.)

You can also increase the buffer size on your card.

EDIT: Buffer is somewhere in your delta control panel.

Thanks, but my buffer is buffed out...can't increase it any more without too much delay in my editing software.

Back
Top Bottom