ATI Drivers not working with Nvidia Mobo

pitbull30

Baseband Member
ATI Drivers- Cant get Sapphire 4830 to work right

Hi,

Just got my new video card Sapphire ATI Radeon 4830.

I Installed it according to the directions. Uninstalled my old drivers, disabled onboard graphics, then installed the card & loaded the software that came with it.

Now with that said, I have it running but It does not look as good as my onboard graphics or the Sparkle 9400 GT I had before. There is alot of settings in the ATI menus. Can anyone help me out with that?

This is for the ASUS M3N78 PRO motherboard.

Did you properly uninstall the Nvidia drivers?

Uninstall through control panel/add-remove programs -> reboot in safe mode and run Driver Sweeper -> Reboot and install the latest ATi drivers (not the ones on the CD), the latest version is 9.7.

I uninstalled the nvidia motherboard drivers, but then when I boot up the PC and get to the desktop I get all those "windows found new hardware" prompts and the new card still isnt displaying right... I cancel the windows prompts and also check the box that says "do not notify me of this again" but they still come back.

Is it possible to leave the motherboard drivers installed but disable them in the Device Hardware instead?

I will install the ATI Radeon 9.7 drivers you mentioned instead of the ones on the CD and see what happens.

You need to uninstall the nvidia display drivers, not the all the motherboard drivers.

And yes, using 9.7 will make a big difference. I doubt the CD's drivers even support the HD 4830.

Yeah thats what I did. Unistalled the nvidia drivers in "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS"

I then used the "express install" option on the sapphire 4830 CD and the display still looks the same after.

I will have to try it a bit later when i get home.

Is there a driver package you recommend I install or do I just go to the ATI or sapphire website and download them?

It would be best to download the newest graphics drivers directly from AMD/ATI here: Graphics Drivers & Software

When uninstalling the Nvidia drivers, you needed to make sure you were only uninstalling the graphics drivers. There should have been an option to remove only the graphics drives and leave the chipset/motherboard drivers alone.

If you haven't done so already, you should reinstall the motherboard/chipset drivers. Doing so will not affect the ATI drivers.

:D

I went through exactly what you guys said. Also following the directions from the AMD/ATI Driver site. I didnt have Microsoft NET framework installed before. I download that. Uninstalled the old ATI drivers that came with the CD. Downloaded the new driver pack dated 6-15-2009. Rebooted and then installed.

I restarted and the screen defaulted to a full screen resolution on my LCD TV. I believe its like 1920 or something. (27 inch LCD)

All the applications look like they are installed and I have no errors in the hardware tree excepet one that says "MS UAA BUS DRIVER" which I will google right now.

I played with the different resolutions but my screen still looks fuzzy. For example: Just looking at the google homepage the writing looks the wrong color (kind of purple and fuzzy). Only if I take it down to the minimum resolution of 600 it shows it the right colors.

My other cheaper sapphire card showed full screen with great quality!

Back
Top Bottom