Beta member
i built a new computer with all brand new parts

Asus A8n-sli Deluxe Mainboard Atx-Nforce 4 Sli Socket 939-Lan-Fast-Gigabit
Raid

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester 64 bit 512k l2 Cache Retail inc fan Skt 939
2x 512mb Kingston DDR400 Pc3200 DDR 184 Pin Memory

Asus-v-9999 6800 gt 128 mb Graphics card

Predator Gaming Silver-Black Case with 400w Psu

when i powered up smoke came out of back of card the graphics card and now my computer will not boot

any help please many thanks

LOL In science today, someone poured sulphuric acid into a bubbling liquid and BOOM and smoke!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm no expert on this, but was the voltage of the power supply to the graphics card too high?

The chip may not have been harmed, try getting an aftermarket CPU cooler for it, the smoke you saw(or smelled) was probably some of the electric motor's in the fan buring up, b4 you go out and buy a new card, try getting a new fan for your gfx card, maybe thats what burned up, and maybe the comp wont boot because the gfx core is too hot? if thats not it, I think your gfx is toast, or, it could be that your voltage for the AGP slot was either too high or too low for your card? do you have a spare agp card handy to see if it will boot with that in it?

You mightv'e gotten a faulty card. Did this occur when you first booted up? Or were you using it for a while, and it just suddenly happened?

but i am being helpful by suggesting people to use google! answer can be found in google! use google! google is your friend!

Back
Top Bottom