ASUS UL50 Optimus Issue

bullzi

Fully Optimized
For those who haven't heard of the nVidia Optimus graphics switching technology, the ASUS UL50 employs it.

Optimus allows the laptop to switch between integrated Intel graphics and a dedicated nVidia card, helps save battery and you still get performance when you need it.

Anywho, my UL50 was purchased from Newegg around Christmas and I love it so far but recently I've lost the graphics switching function. Originally it worked great and just by the push of a button, I could switch between Intel and nVidia graphics.

I haven't made any notable changes, I've tried reinstalling the drivers from ASUS' website, I've tried talking with ASUS support (a joke) and I've tried nVidia's drivers from their site (which won't work with the laptop). As of now the laptop is in the nVidia graphics mode which isn't too bad, but the Intel graphics adds 2 hours of battery life which I pretty much need for classes.

It's running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and this is the ASUS UL50VT.

I have been googling for a couple weeks trying to find a fix, wondering if anybody has any ideas. Thanks in advance guys.

- Kyle

Back
Top Bottom