Asus Motherboard

wackypaint

Solid State Member
I just recenlty bought a Radeon x800 Gt vid card, and an Asus A8n Mobo. I put the graphics card in and turned on the PC and I get no Video. I then tried it in the pci 4x slot instead of the 16x, and still no video. I have tried this with multiple monitors and i still cannot get anything. Any suggestions welcome.

ok u did what???? u do not put a vid card thats designed for pci-e into a pci-e 4x slot now then is the card agp or pci-e? did u check? also did u plug a connector from the power supply into the card? if not then thats y it isnt working

well, there is no power connector on the motherboard to hook into. All you need to do is just place the vic card in and then it should work...but it doesnt.

Ok, you need to put the video card in the PCI-Express slot. Then, make sure your power cable is plugged in, turn it on, see what you get.

No, actually the video card can run in a PCI-Express x 4 slot. I just bought an Asus A8N5X motherboard (I'll bet that's what you got) and in the manual you can put a PCI-Express x16 video card in the PCI-Express x 4 slot. It just doesn't run as fast.

And, most video cards DO have something from the power supply that plugs into them. What kind of video card are you using? If it is above something like an ATi 9700 or GeForce 6000 series, then you probably should have something going from your power supply into your card. And since you're using a PCI-Express x 16 slot you can't really get any old cards for it, so I bet you do need to plug something in. My card came with a 6 pin adapter to 2 molex connectors (eVGA 7800GT).

Back
Top Bottom