Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe S939 Chipset Fan Failure

sensesfail

Baseband Member
I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe S939 motherboard and when i boot up i get the message 'chipset fan failure'.
I have been in touch with Asus and they are sending through a new chipset fan. In the meantime I have bought and fitted this

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=97872

The chipset on the board has a little plaque in the middle of it that is raised and therefore contact with the heatsink is minimal.
Can somebody tell me if this is normal and what sort of temperature should the chipset run at?

Thanks

OMG ive got that exact same chipset cooler, its got a silver power connector hasnt it :p

I dont think they need it, but obv there is a need, I think as long as the heatsink is near it, it should be ok, it wouldnt ever crash your computer anyway if it didnt have one

I don't think there is an exact temperature monitor that checks the chipset. The motherboard temperature would be your closest reference. For a motherboard temperature you should be looking at around 30 degrees celcius.
Also my chipset fan died a few months ago (i've got the same board). lol i think anyone who has ever bought the A8N-sli deluxe has had that happen. Anyways though, the replacement they send you works 10X better. I havent had any problems whatsoever with it.

Yeah, the ASUS A8N-SLI chipset fan has had problems...just buy an aftermarket cooler and be happy. Becides, usually they perform better than the stock ones.

Back
Top Bottom