APU Laptop

sniperviper21

Golden Master
Hey guys,

My GF will be coming home soon from the Navy and i was looking into laptops for her.

I have enough parts to probably make a pretty good desktop for her but she wants the portability of a Laptop, so i dont blame her.

Newegg.com - HP ProBook 4535s (LJ523UT#ABA) Notebook AMD Dual-Core Processor E2-3000M(1.8GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1333 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL AMD Radeon HD 6480G
I was looking at this.

APU laptops decent?

Basic word processing, youtube, facebook, email, skype ect ect

slight chance of mild gaming like wow, runescape, MMORPGs ect. playable on low - medium on graphics would be ok, better is better of course but she isnt a major gamer, just if it arises, it would be nice to use it for ya know?

What do you guys think?

Hey there,

As a forewarning, the computer i'll be listing is the HP Probook 4530s, a very similar model.

From my standpoint, the computer runs fine; however, I don't put it under much stress. I'm a student, and for that, it's ideal: Great battery life (roughly 4-5 hours on 'power saver'), great screen resolution, keyboard feels great and the aluminum-brush finish makes the laptop look really nice.

The only issues i've had with mine have been:
-Laptop 'waking up' out of the sleep state when untouched
-Speakers having 'crackle' noises spontaneously (3-4 times a day when using a computer ~ 8 hours of the day)
-Mouse pad seems to have been placed in a slightly awkward position (lines up with space bar, though with the extended keyboard, I wouldn't have mind it to expand slightly further to the right)

Let me know if I can be of any help!

Memory: 4gigs
DirectX 11
Intel HD Graphics 1696 MB

Thanks for the input.
and no really budget at the moment... just... anything below 600-700 range. I know she wolnt want to spend a lot.

Back
Top Bottom