AOL Instant Messenger Error

Heero

Solid State Member
I have recently been having a problem talking on AIM. I can sign on without problems, I can also view other user's profiles and look at my buddy list, but every time I double click a name to instant message somebody, the message window pops up, then aim shuts down. I do not even get an error message, simply the windows message "AOL instant messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvienience". This error occurs whenever the instant message box is opened, whether I am sending a message to someone, or vice versa. I searced for solutions on the internet and have found none.

I checked out some more information about the error, and it says the following files will be included in this error report - C:\DOCUME~1\Matt\LOCALS~1\Temp\\WERCF.tmp.dir00\ap pcompat.txt
It has other things that I could provide if it is needed, but nothing that looks important.

I might add that I have been battling spyware lately, although I have had spyware many times in the past and this has never happened before. I also scan and remove spyware frequently, and scan for viruses, but this problem never ceases to occur. I have reinstalled aim many times to try and fix this, and uninstall any aim add ons such as middle man, even though I do not use them, and event tryed reinstalling them and using them, with no results.

If anybody has any idea for solving this problem your help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom