Anyone else having problems with firefox?

raceface

Baseband Member
I live in a college dorm and I was talking to a couple guys on my floor and they all said that firefox was really laggy and glitchy/slow for them too. I see problems especially in things like facebook and such. I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with firefox too?

No, not really.
Social sites seem to slow down over the course of the day anyway, as they are much bigger now than you can imagine, and have so much running behind them.

IE for me still remains a lot slower.

The fact that you are living in a dorm isn't helping, as you are all most likely sharing one large connection, so if you all went on a site at once, say bye to speed.

Thats social sites for you. I hate them cause they are the main sites of choice for hackers, and all.

for me I find that I generally have about three windows open.
each with multiple tabs...

today I had this situation, window 1 has three tabs in it, (yahoo mail and CF)
window 2 had about ten ebay auctions in seperate tabs that I was looking at,

window 3 had about 8 tabs open on various stuff, and Firefox was running like a three legged dog.

a quick look at task manager tells me why, it's using over 1GB of memory in it's own!

it's a shame, Firefox used to be a fast, really compatible browser, now it seems even more resource intensive and bloated than IE.

IE remains the slowest for me, with Opera 10 behind Firefox 3. I never looked to see if they fixed Firefox's memory hole, but it hasn't slowed down on me. That's probably because I'm running 4GB of RAM on both my laptop and desktop.

The one thing about Firefox is that it doesn't handle Flash very well in my experience.

Meh, I had thought that the problem was that I'd left the window open for days.

but now, I've got two tabs open, yahoo mail and CF and it uses over 100MB of memory to display these two web pages.

I know that there is a bug in 3.5 regarding large table displays, so firefox can crash quiet easily when using yahoo mail if you have a lot of items in your inbox, but I don't I've got 16 items...

i think it might be time for me to go and try opera or something and see if I have any more luck.

I have been having alot of problems with firefox ever since the last update. It seems to take like 5-10 seconds to open my homepage(google) and any other page I go to, and sometimes does not load a page, I have to refresh for it to load. It has also crashed a couple times for the first time ever. I am on 15mbps download and 1mbps upload. Newsleecher still works at max download as well as downloading anything from websites. It just seems to be Firefox that is really slow.

Few issues with Firefox.

It takes a while to load up first time and it crashes for no apparent reason.

But I also use Opera 10 which I think is brilliant with no troubles what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom