Any way to make your wireless cable more stable?

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
I have roadrunner cable (wireless), and every so often it disconnects, or the speeds drop so low you can barely use it. I usually can fix it by just pulling the power plug out of the modem and then putting it back in after a minute or so, but sometimes that doesn't work or it only fixes it for a little before it gets shakey again. This isn't extremely often either, most of the time it's fine, but occasionally it's just a total pain in the ass, does anyone know a way to make it more stable or is that just something you have to live with with wireless cable? Thanks.

I was reading some stuff on wireless networking a week or so ago and it was saying to try to avoid having washer going and other big appliences. also anything that would create a magnetic field.

Well my washer is in my garage, my fridge is in my kitchen and all of these are floors below each other so I don't see how my wirless connection would get messed up from those items. Thanks for trying though. Anybody else have any idea?

Back
Top Bottom