Any way to keep games from changing screen resolution?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
My wife and kids play some various games from big fish, spintop, ezone, and who knows where else..haha. Some of the games will mess up my screens resolution. I have a 19" widescreen at 1440 x 900 and it always seems to end up at a lower resolution, and with some of the desktop icons moved around. It's a pain to have to change my resolution back and move 15 or so icons back the where I had them.

Is there any way (in Windows Vista), or any program (free) that will lock (even password protect) my screen resolution so that nothing is allowed to change it on me like these games sometimes do?

How about you simply create another account? Gives them the opportunity to customize their settings without messing up your account.

i have a separate user account side set up for the kids and they play all their games over on their account side of the computer, but I think it still messes up the screen resolution for my side too.

That's odd as the desktop resolution should just snap back to normal when you exit the games. How much memory do you have in that thing? Maybe see of there's a monitor driver available. . .

That's odd as the desktop resolution should just snap back to normal when you exit the games. How much memory do you have in that thing? Maybe see of there's a monitor driver available. . .

2 GB of RAM. Maybe just a poorly coded game or something? Will have to try and narrow it down and see what game is causing it.

Back
Top Bottom