Any particular case I should buy?

hitmanwa

Baseband Member
Recently purchased a...

ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

How concerned should I be about cooling? Will I need more than a rear cooling fan. Any suggestion as to which case I should buy?

Thanks,

You shouldn't be too concerned about cooling, the SB series are good for running pretty cool. What's confusing me is why you would choose that board and chip, then that low end card? You should look more in the 5770/5870 - 6850/6870 and so on.

as for cases, antec three hundred is a nice one to look at.

Sorry, I copied the wrong text. I got the MSI N460GTX CYCLONE 1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I was amazed at the TINY stock heatsink that came on the i7 2600k we bought at work recently, but it's more than enough to keep the chip cool. You should be fine as long as your case has some good air flow. The video card is also fine.

If you have the money I highly recommend my current case the Cooler Master Haf-X. Very clean layout and easy to work with. Also keeps your internals ice cold with the proper fans, speed control, and mounting procedures. Downside is its a $200 case.

For a budget case I would recommend the standard in case usage the Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel Mid Tower. See the link below for its price on newegg.com, it is truly a great starter case.
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I own the Antec 900, it is a very nice case. I've had it for over 2 years and all the original fans/LED's are still working.
The only down side is that its an old case, so it's not painted on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom