Any Ideas?

Sal!ent

Baseband Member
I've actually decdied on a system... please let me know what you think.. any adjustments, incompatibilies, comments?
thanks

Here!

Case - Eagletech Sidewinder Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply

Power Supply - 600 Watt -- Power Supply SLI Ready

Processor - Quad Core Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600(4x 2.4GHz/8MB L2 Cache/1066FSB

Processor Cooling - Silent Extreme-Performance INTEL CPU Cooling Fan System Kit Silent & Overclocking Proof = Maximum cooling efficiency for quietness and performance

Motherboard - Asus P5KPL-VM Intel G31 Chipset w/6-channels, Gb LAN, S-ATA 3Gb/s, USB 2.0, Single PCI-E MB

Memory - 4096MB [1024MB X4] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

Hard Drive - 320 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache

CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive - 20X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Beige

Sound Card -3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Speaker System - 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System

Network Card - Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

USB 2.0 Accessories - Build-in USB 2.0 Ports

Flash Media Reader/Writer - 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Black

Operation System - MS Windows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2

Everything looks good to me. Although, XP home is not gonna recognize your full 4gb of memory. What brand PSU are you getting?

errr....
the only specs are those which i had posted...
what do you mean it wont recognize it?

u should get XP Pro 64bit. BTW thats a great build. if ur gonna get a GTS then u might as well wait for the 9800's its just next month

Memory - 4096MB [1024MB X4] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand

Operation System - MS Windows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2

errr....
the only specs are those which i had posted...
what do you mean it wont recognize it?

You are getting 4gb of memory [1024mb x4]. Windows Xp home only supports up to about 3.5. Not a problem really, just letting you know. If you get Vista, your 4 gigs will be fully recognized.

hmmm.. good to know that!

Thanks...i still have heard that Vista doesn allow the games to run as smooth as XP... however if you say the ram wont be recognized , maybe its worth it... anyways, if i hear anything, i'll post.. because i'm almost positive i read something in a page where they had a explanation of the exact problem if at all.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2090580,00.asp

here's one article.. not sure exactly what he had done.. or even if it was human error..?

Call of Duty 2 (with VISTA)
Infinity Ward's epic WWII shooter runs quite well, with no problems during installation or gameplay. Curiously, though CoD2 uses Punkbuster and we joined Punkbuster-enabled servers, we never got the permissions error we got in other games. It looks like you can play CoD2 online without checking the "run as Admin" box. Performance was just a little beneath Windows XP with no AA/AF applied, but enabling those features slowed things down considerably. It was still playable with our high-end card, but we're talking 38fps instead of 50fps. It's not as bad as the situation with F.E.A.R., at least.

As an interesting side-note: when we benchmark Call of Duty 2, reads our recorded single-player demo file from the main/demos subdirectory and then dumps out a results file in the same place. This didn't work under Vista at first, because the OS prohibits applications from writing to or modifying anything under the Program Files directory (where Call of Duty is stored) with limited permissions. If we run the game as Administrator, the benchmark results file is produced as expected.

not sure if any of this is relevant.. based on personal systems etc.

http://www.codboards.com/showthread.php?t=15452

many other sites of which i haved posted yet

Vista will only recognize the 4gigs if you get the 64bit version. But it doesn't matter if you just get that version of XP. Your applications will still be able to use all the memory, just XP 32bit can't see it. Also don't worry about waiting for the 9800s. That 8800GTS G92 is a brilliant card.

so your tellin me... that it wont be recognized as system info etc.. but will still be added in the mix and recognized electronically?!!

To the best of my knowledge... yes, The OS wont recognize the full 4gb of memory, but they will still be utilised by your applications and programs, so you'll have pretty smooth running speeds.

Good luck with your build, great choice on parts.

Back
Top Bottom