Any Help Appreciated

cjk718

Solid State Member
Ok, heres my problem.

I have an Emachines T3256 (yeah I know :( ) and I have a little over 400$ which I wanted to turn it into a gaming pc.

I have 1GB of ram in there and an ATI Radeon x1300 256mb AGP card in it.

I was wanting to know if it's possible to switch out the motherboards with one that is compatible with the Core Duo E6300 processor and compatible with my HDD and dvd RW drive. I realize it wont be compatible with the PC2700 ram I have but I will be able to purchase different ram (hopefully) for the motherboard anyway.

Is this even possible, if it is, can someone show me a motherboard that's compatible with my PC and the Core Duo E6300 and has an AGP slot?

I would very much appreciate if someone could help me. Thank you.

If thats not possible, can you show me the best way to go for upgrading this system without getting lag in the games? Thank you.

Does the Emachines already have the Core Duo CPU in it or are you looking to get one along with the motherboard?

It has an AMD 3200+ 2.20 ghz in it. I'm just looking for an overall, good processor to play games on and edit and convert video. It might be easier to stay AMD if I'm already running one suppose.. any suggestions?

Your specs are already good enough to play all the games now and video conversion. I have similar specs to you and it's fast. It would be fun to slowly change out your old parts for newer Intel components, but don't stick with AGP supported boards anymore. Waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom