any good driving games out?

dude_se

Proper Legend
i want some new games for my lappy (see sig). i firstly want a good driving game. i feel like a realistic one. i think games like the getaway for ps2 is good, because you can drive around london and stuff. i dont think theres any like that for pc though :( i just want a good realistic game that will run on my laptop. any ideas?

It`s an older game, I`m unsure on Vista compatibility, but it is still a great game.

Midtown Madness 1 is based in Chicago and you can drive anywhere, also do races, etc.
Midtown Madness 2 has San Francisco and London modes and you do the same as 1.

Plus there is a huge modding community with extra cars, cities, etc. that are really easy to install into the game. I recommend it. The graphics aren`t real good, because its an older game, but it is cheap to purchase on eBay or elsewhere (unsure if Microsoft still sells it, though).

Le GoogelGuRu said:
It`s an older game, I`m unsure on Vista compatibility, but it is still a great game.

Midtown Madness 1 is based in Chicago and you can drive anywhere, also do races, etc.
Midtown Madness 2 has San Francisco and London modes and you do the same as 1.

Plus there is a huge modding community with extra cars, cities, etc. that are really easy to install into the game. I recommend it. The graphics aren`t real good, because its an older game, but it is cheap to purchase on eBay or elsewhere (unsure if Microsoft still sells it, though).

yea my friend used to have the midtown madness and it was ok. im looking for something abit newer though. nfs carbon sounds ok but i have underground 2 on gamecube and still play that so no point having 2 simular games

dude_se said:
yea my friend used to have the midtown madness and it was ok. im looking for something abit newer though. nfs carbon sounds ok but i have underground 2 on gamecube and still play that so no point having 2 simular games
What operating system are you running?

Thinking of it, you could always just play Grand Theft Auto and not do the missions if you wanna drive around. San Andreas is huge, and if you get it for PC you can install a modification that will unlock all of the cities so you can drive around. :p

i have san andreas and i have got the cheatfile lool. i completed it on ps2 so didnt want to do it all again on pc. im bored on san andreas now. im running xp media centre atm. i have vista dual booted but its rotting away. i just want a nice realistic driving game, or at last resort a racing type game :(

NFS: Carbon is good. It's racing, but you can drive around as well. That would be on top of my list.

Going along with the San Andreas idea, maybe The Godfather?

a few of you have said nfs now but i still think ill pass and just play that game on the gamecube. test drive doesnt look that good. what about the game "just cause"?

Back
Top Bottom