any advice???

teachmeplease

Baseband Member
I am going to biuld a new gaming computer i was wondering if you had any advice for me. im pretty much a noob so this could be kinda hard.
trying to start from scratch also so any advice will be appreciated.

Well hardware wise go for an amd processor!! I'd get an sli mobo and atleast a gig of dual channel ram!! On the technical side it isn't as hard as it looks!! Just read the manuals search on google for guides to building computers and be extra careful with parts!! If u want to know anything else just ask!

When youve decided what you want, (proccessor, motherboard, graphics card...) you start to buy! My build is coming on really, really slowly because I get paid every 2 weeks! But as you can see in my signature Ive bought my case and PSU.

I reccomend you start buying your case and PSU becasue this is where you can start to build. You then move on to your motherboard and then carry on buying the bits from there!

If you want a gaming computer, you want a socket 939 motherboard which will support the AMD athlons, which can range from £100-£500. The socket 939 is good because you'll be able to keep upgrading it for ages yet.

Im also getting a PCI-express graphics card and motherboard becasue ive fallen in love with the MSI 6600 gt! Which is only £113!

Well good luck and happy building!

Any other question dont hesitate to ask!

Expect to exceed $1,000 plus on parts for gaming PC's. IT all depend on how much you are willing to spend. The Athlon FX processors have great review for gaming and has benchmark to show for. I would also recommend an AMD Athlon 64 processor if you can't afford the Athlon FX equipped with a motherboard that supports that. Perhaps an MSI motherboard with the nForce4 Ultra chipset or one that supports SLi. There are other great boards too and I'm sure other members will post more ideas. I just happen to like MSI.

Remember the key component to a great PC lies in your motherboard/CPU/memory. For gaming, you also need a mid to high end video card and that will cost anywhere from $200 plus depending on what you like. Hard drive is another component that can help access time but not by much seeing that you are still using mechanical means of data access. You can go with the Western DIgital Raptor drives that pumps out 10,000 RPMs but that is quite on the pricey side. In my opinion, SATA drives are the way to go. They will keep improving as time goes by.

If sound is important to you, then you'll need a good sound card like an Audigy 2 Gamers Edition with THX and DTS support.

im thinking about making this one then selling it because im sure i want my next one to be even better for myself. then ill prolly start making more as i go on and get better. but thanx for all the advice and im willing to spend enough for me to make more money when i sell it as a bundle. i also weill exept any more advice i can never get aenough seeing that ima noob:D

SLI! Dont make me laugh that would take me years to save up. Nope, my babies going to have and MSI nforce 4 PCI-E MOBO in it with a MSI 6600gt and AMD 3000+.

If you have the money mate, go with SLI (two graphics cards joined together) Because it looks incredible. That will be around for a bit as well...

Nothing uses SLI right now so it is useless...it just gets you reputation IMHO. Go amd. Spend the most money on the cpu and mobo because that are the most important. Second put monye into a gfx card. Next money into memory and the test you decide. But thats how your money should go to what parts.

I built my system(specs are in my signature) for only $800.00. I got all my parts of new egg, except my 6600GT which i bought from my friend who works at Compusave. He gave me a $30.00 discount on it so i only paid 85$ for it...wOOt!!! I do concur that Socket 939 is the way to go. I wouldn't worry to much about SLI yet though, not very many games can take advantage of it yet. Thats why i'm waiting about 6 months to get an SLI Motherboard. I would also go with either the 6600GT or 6800GT Graphics card. They are my favorites. But in the end its all up to you. Make it what you want. After you build your first system its the greatest feeling. You will enjoy it very much.

NOTE: Handle your parts very carefully!!

Back
Top Bottom