Anti-Virus Software

the deceived

In Runtime
I was wondering which anti-virus software I should buy? I've heard lots of rumors that Norton Anti-Virus 2005 isn't that good, and it keeps missing out small threats, and even viruses.

So I was wondering what other companies out there do a good anti-virus software program (which hopefully includes spyware and adware protection, but that is not necessary as I might just get Spybot: Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware SE).

Thanks!

Don't buy anything. AVG and AntiVir personal edition are both free. I never tried AVG but I heard that it's very good, and I can assure u that AntiVir personal is better than Norton.

the deceived said:
I was wondering which anti-virus software I should buy? I've heard lots of rumors that Norton Anti-Virus 2005 isn't that good, and it keeps missing out small threats, and even viruses.

So I was wondering what other companies out there do a good anti-virus software program (which hopefully includes spyware and adware protection, but that is not necessary as I might just get Spybot: Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware SE).

Thanks!
i use Norton Anti-Virus.. and it ain't that good.. it takes ages to perform a scan
but i've used something called Kaspersky Antivirus.... that was an excellent program.
Norton's AntiVirus is overated

daemon said:
Don't buy anything. AVG and AntiVir personal edition are both free. I never tried AVG but I heard that it's very good, and I can assure u that AntiVir personal is better than Norton.

Seriously?? So let me get this right, Norton charge you for something that doesn't work and AVG and AntiVir are free AND they do a better job??

Haha, why haven't Norton picked up on the fact that there are other anti-virus programs out there that are better and are FREE?? My guess is that people tend not to do research before buying something, and they see Norton Anti-Virus and go 'Wow, lets get it'

Then the ball keeps rolling until it's only the people who do the research who have safe, clean computers?

Oh boy, thanks for the info though Daemon!

the deceived said:
Seriously?? So let me get this right, Norton charge you for something that doesn't work and AVG and AntiVir are free AND they do a better job??

Haha, why haven't Norton picked up on the fact that there are other anti-virus programs out there that are better and are FREE?? My guess is that people tend not to do research before buying something, and they see Norton Anti-Virus and go 'Wow, lets get it'

Then the ball keeps rolling until it's only the people who do the research who have safe, clean computers?

Oh boy, thanks for the info though Daemon!

Yeah, thats the way it goes. I sometimes had problems with viruses when I was using Norton, with AntiVir personal I have never had a problem. If there ever is a virus or something like that it tells it to u imediately, and u just press remove, takes like under 5 seconds and problem gone. With Norton it was never this easy and effective.

People just use Norton because they think it's the best since it's the most well known company. But I bet that it's not the best.
I think that most of the ppl here use the free ones, and they too will agree them being better than norton.

daemon said:
Yeah, thats the way it goes. I sometimes had problems with viruses when I was using Norton, with AntiVir personal I have never had a problem. If there ever is a virus or something like that it tells it to u imediately, and u just press remove, takes like under 5 seconds and problem gone. With Norton it was never this easy and effective.

People just use Norton because they think it's the best since it's the most well known company. But I bet that it's not the best.
I think that most of the ppl here use the free ones, and they too will agree them being better than norton.

Haha yeah, I've had Norton 2005 on this comp for about 4 months and everytime it finds a virus, it goes 'Wow, look at me!! I found a virus!! Aren't I clever??'. Which is fine in itself, but then as soon as you ask to actually do it's job, it just gives up on you and says it can't quarantine it, or it can't delete it. So after it's failed at doing what it should be doing, it decides to irritate the hell out of you by pointing out the fact that it can't do anything about it!!

Oh boy, AVG and AntiVir sound amazing compared to this rubbish!

Thanks again Daemon!

the deceived said:
Haha yeah, I've had Norton 2005 on this comp for about 4 months and everytime it finds a virus, it goes 'Wow, look at me!! I found a virus!! Aren't I clever??'. Which is fine in itself, but then as soon as you ask to actually do it's job, it just gives up on you and says it can't quarantine it, or it can't delete it. So after it's failed at doing what it should be doing, it decides to irritate the hell out of you by pointing out the fact that it can't do anything about it!!

Oh boy, AVG and AntiVir sound amazing compared to this rubbish!

Thanks again Daemon!

I had exactly the same kind of problems with norton.
"Hey I found a virus thingy" Then I tell it to delete it.
"I can't do this, download symantec "this and this" remover from the website" Then I download the remover program, scan my pc, nothing found.

And yes, AVG and AntiVir are amazing compared to norton.

Back
Top Bottom