Anti-Virus Program

riverstyz

Baseband Member
Well I have Norton, and with the negative feedback its gotten with too much memory usage and slowing down your computer I want to switch, so my question is what are some good anti-virus programs that work as good or better then Norton.

Thanks in advance

-Sam

i have used McAfee Antivirus for years, and have never got a virus. I don't mind paying for a product if it works well, and I had been paying for it, but now I get it free with verizon with msn premium dsl service. (and the McAfee firewall is free with my dsl also).

I tried AVG for a second, and it slowed down my startup considerably. I uninstalled it, and my computer is working faster now than after I uninstalled Norton way back when.

Of course, my experience may not be yours.

SilentScope said:
Norton is really the best out there...

norton has by far the best marketing. It also shows very good results in the test because I have never seen a test with AntiVir or AVG. Myself I don't like AVG that much, everyone says it's great so I have it for backup.

But I've used norton for years, had many problems with viruses, could never remove them etc. Now that I use AntiVir personal as my primary anti-virus I have never ever had a problem with a virus. 2 times I have gotten one, both times I got it removed by one click of the mouse.

It is also a matter of preference, I could get norton for free, but I prefer to stay with my AntiVir personal since I have never had a problem with it.

Panda's antivirus was reviewed as consuming minimal system resources, yet offering great protection, according to an article I read, so you might wanna check it out.

To be honest with you all, pc cillin is by far the best av out there. It detects pretty much anything, it's firewall is great, and it even has antiphising too. Seriously, unless you like the free avg, pc cillin is the way to go.

Any anti-virus program is only as good as the .dat files it contains...........

If it isn't updated on a regular basis it's pretty much worthless.
I've great luck and great support using Norton internet security for the last 4 - 5 years and never had a virus problem on any of my Pc's..........

Bottom line.......get a AV program and keep it updated often.

Back
Top Bottom