Antec 900 case fans

pidevildog07

Baseband Member
I have a gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 mobo that only controls the CPU fan and 1 other fan by the bios. That leaves 3 other fans left to be controlled by their individual speed controllers . In my case, that one other fan is the top rear exhaust fan. I plan on buying a fan controller to control the other 3. The problem I'm thinking I'm going to run into is the individual fan speed controllers. If I connect those 3 other fans to a controller, will the individual speed controllers act as an amplifier of sorts? Or am I confused and asking the wrong questions? The picture is an example of the speed controller that those 3 other fans have.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427423517198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427423517198.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2
Forgot to mention the reason I'm posting this Inquiry is the fact that there aren't enough connections on the mobo to conveniently route the cables in a way to ensure maximum air flow potential.

Ok then you have to swap out the fans. The 3 speed Antec fans are s**t to start with. There's no PWM or tach leads. I have a Antec p280 case and the fans were the first thing to go. Fortunately my board has connections for several 4 lead fans.
I use the Cougar Vortech 120mm series.
COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation (Black) - Newegg.com

When shopping for a fan speed controller keep in mind most are crap. Shop real carefully and read the reviews.

Ok then you have to swap out the fans. The 3 speed Antec fans are s**t to start with. There's no PWM or tach leads. I have a Antec p280 case and the fans were the first thing to go. Fortunately my board has connections for several 4 lead fans.
I use the Cougar Vortech 120mm series.
COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation (Black) - Newegg.com

When shopping for a fan speed controller keep in mind most are crap. Shop real carefully and read the reviews.
Lol. Doesn't really answer the question. If I get a fan controller which switches are actually going to control the fan? The ones connected to the individual fans or the ones at the controller? I'm going to stick with the fans that came with the case until they fail or become inadequate in cooling the case.

Both actually. You could set a speed with the switch then use the controller to go through a range of speeds on that setting. You could save getting a speed controller and just get some adaptors that one end fits the fan plug and the other fits the molex power plugs off the power supply. Then just use the switch on the fan to control the speed.

That's gonna be a mess lol. I guess my last question is what about the fans that are actually connected to the mobo. Does the motherboard control those or does the switch control those? I'm gonna mail antec as well and see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom