"AMD Zen"- $800-1000 on computer

novauniao96

Baseband Member
I would like to buy a computer around this price range. I don't have anything and need to start from scratch. I'm a fan of doom so I would like to have a computer that could run doom 3. I would appreciate it if some of you guys could lend me some knowledge on packages or computers in this range.

AMD ZEN- I read some of your other posts, you helped some other guys out I would appreciate your advice.

go with a system like mine, cept with a pci E mobo and 6600GT gfx card
i spent some money on things that dont even matter so my system cost about 650 after shipping, and then 200 extra to get some dumbass to help a small bit, anyways u can prolly get evthing for rite around a thousand, the cpu and mobo should be around 400 or 500, the vid card is about 200, the sound card, about 100, the ram i think is 150, then u have hdd, and case, and BOOM u can have fun

AMD Zen is good with hardware, but we all pretty much know our stuff. Nothing against you Amd! Just pointing something out. :)

This depends.. Do you need a monitor or not? That can really change around the whole system.

However, I reccomend:

AMD Athalon 3200, 1 gig corsair ram, 128mb ATI Radeon 9600+ or 9800+, then the rest is up to you.

Ok guys , let's just all not help this bro.

Or you can just go out and buy a dell.

hehe.

*evil laughter*

first of all what is ur price range? it really determines what u are gonna get

u MUST get a amd 64 bit cpu- u have too, no p4's they suck, just look here: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2149&p=7
and u must get a lcd screen with dvi, and try to get DDR400 dual channel pc3200 ram and a pci-express graphic card, once u igve me a price range i can get u specifics

OH YA adn what country ur from maeks a huge difference as well, lik newegg doesnt ship to canada so i have to use my american mailbox(parents)

i would suggest getting a barebone kit from tigerdirect.com you can get the procesor + mobo + case + cpu fan for 300$.

blah blah,
I'm in the US, and would like to keep it in the $800-$1000 range.

Thanks for the replies guys

www.newegg.com
ehres the list i would get for ur price
cpu : a65 socket 939 3200+
mobo: msi neo4 with pci E
ram: crucial or corsair, minimum of 512
gfx card: msi 6600GT pci E model
hdd: dun much matter wut ever u prefer really
case : i got the raidmax cobra, or whatever it is, i would go with a mid tower case that comes with 2 or 3 fans and a 400W minimum PSU, mine came with 3 fans (1led) and a 420 W psu

wut else do u need?

Re:

blah blah said:
first of all what is ur price range? it really determines what u are gonna get

u MUST get a amd 64 bit cpu- u have too, no p4's they suck, just look here: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2149&p=7
and u must get a lcd screen with dvi, and try to get DDR400 dual channel pc3200 ram and a pci-express graphic card, once u igve me a price range i can get u specifics

OH YA adn what country ur from maeks a huge difference as well, lik newegg doesnt ship to canada so i have to use my american mailbox(parents)

sry to "rag" on u man, but wehnever someone needs help gettin comp parts together, most the time they state the price range, and if u read the first thread it says 800-1000, and half thetime these threads do have the price range in the first post, but u ALWAYS ASK what is the price range first of all? READ!

Back
Top Bottom