AMD: Processors with BAWLS + AMD: What's next?

NVIDIAGAMER1

Baseband Member
I just want to raise the topic because of the serious gaming performance AMD has been delivering with just a 2Ghz processor with an amazing FSB. Just imagine what could be done if they pumped the multiplier up to about...2.5x1600? What would Intel think of that? If the FX55 (Still around 2ghz) could whoop a 3.6ghz P4, what could AMD do with a 3.6? Would our computer's be self-aware with that kind of power? I think...maybe. But that's besides the point. AMD makes amazing products, and Microsoft better turn the other cheek to Intel when it makes the Third reincarnation of the XBOX, because if it was made with AMD technology, it might actually be worth buying (Yes Microsoft, your XBOX is as annoying as the XGIRLFRIEND). Microsoft was proud with their 700Mhz Celeron/Pentium in the XBOX, but what if they had put a 700Mhz AMD K7 in there? That would've kicked things up a notch! Listen, AMD rocks and there's no doubt about it, but how about lending it a hand, console developers? If Sony jumped the gun and grabbed AMD licensing before Microsoft, they could OWN the console market. And, since AMD processors are cheaper, they could even have more standing as being price-efficient.

GO AMD, You have my vote!

~jw 04

More effiecient operations is what it does. Good thing I bought stock in AMD about 3 years ago when they first mentioned have a processor with 32 bit and 64 bit capabilities in one..

If they could boost the multipliers up to that sort of power then they would have. They can't because they don't have the ability to do it at the moment. AMD are great at getting more bang for your clock-cycle. Intel have the knowledge to push it harder and faster; putting less money at the beginning into what can happen per cycle. Many Intels are on slower cycles now, Itaniums, Centrinos.

Intel: Processor will BALLS :D

You wish. AMD doesn't really need to pump up it's multipliers right now, as it currently owns the Gaming Processor market. Itaniums were a perfect example of 64 bit processors. But they forgot the whole "faster than 2 Ghz" thing. Oh yea, you forgot to mention Pentium-M's.

I voted for AMD but if Intel ever manage to bring something better to the market then I would buy an Intel processor

Back
Top Bottom