AMD mobo supports DDR2

Duzz

In Runtime
I have a question if at all which AMD mobo supportrs DDR2 ram. My friend wants to know because he just purchased DDR2 ram and wants to go AMD but dont think AMD supporst the DDR2 ram. So if he is right please tell me and if he is wrong post a mobo so we can see it please.

Thanks

Duzz

Ok, right now at this very moment, AMD currently does not support DDR2. However, AMD is scheduled to come out with DDR2 support in early 2006 sometime so it's not a total loss. Socket M2 will have DDR2 support in 2006.

any ETAs on the release

Well I think he is ogin got stay with P4 then for now.

ETA---->it was March 2006, but delayed until April or May 2006 release. Time flies, so I'm waiting in anticipation. Windows Vista ETA: December 2006.

Buddy says thanks he is going to wait till November next year to Purchase an AMD thanks for the Quick Replys.

Wow November? That is late. They will have tons better stuff by then. Socket M2 and DDR2 will have matured enough to the point where bugs are worked out and improvements in the core have been made (CPU).

Those are just estimated times though and actual time may vary depending on the development process so don't exactly quote me on that.

TRDCorolla said:
Wow November? That is late. They will have tons better stuff by then. Socket M2 and DDR2 will have matured enough to the point where bugs are worked out and improvements in the core have been made (CPU).

Those are just estimated times though and actual time may vary depending on the development process so don't exactly quote me on that.

So i might be better for me to wait until the DDR2 supported processors come out. I am currently looking at getting a X2 4800+.

I'm planning to get a new build going too. It's going to take awhile for it to come out. Motherboards will have to support it first and then there are new CPUs coming out dedicated to Socket M2 next year. If you can wait that long, then it's nice having the new stuff. Think at how expensive they would be though!!! You can just imagine the prices on current X2 CPU's drop in price big time as well as current DDR RAMs.

The stuff we have now runs great but performance gains on the new stuff looks promising. It's a tough choice to make. Perhaps you can build a PC now and upgrade later or use the new techonology to build another new PC and network them.

TRDCorolla said:
I'm planning to get a new build going too. It's going to take awhile for it to come out. Motherboards will have to support it first and then there are new CPUs coming out dedicated to Socket M2 next year. If you can wait that long, then it's nice having the new stuff. Think at how expensive they would be though!!! You can just imagine the prices on current X2 CPU's drop in price big time as well as current DDR RAMs.

The stuff we have now runs great but performance gains on the new stuff looks promising. It's a tough choice to make. Perhaps you can build a PC now and upgrade later or use the new techonology to build another new PC and network them.

I know what you mean! :( Right now I will probably go ahead and build me a new system with either a X2 4400+ or 4800+ and maybe upgrade or something when the new stuff comes out.

Check your pms.

If you can afford the 4800+ Toledo, it's nice to have. I don't like spending that much on a CPU, especially when you can OC the 4400+ Toledo to 4800+ speeds. That's what I'm looking at getting: Athlon 64 4400+ Toledo X2

You're paying a bug chunk of money for 200MHz difference.

Back
Top Bottom