AMD Core

AmishRebel

Baseband Member
Which core do I want in my athlon 3500 processor? Gettin ready to order it and I beleive I want the Winchester core if I'm not mistaken. Also how do I know what core it'll have because the site I'm thinking of ordering it from (monarchcomputers) doesn't say.

Athlon 64 3500+ uses Newcastle and Winchester cores. The Winchester uses 90nm process which is smaller than Newcastle and better, but cost much more too.

Peice by peice I'm gettin the entire thing. I figured the 90nm was the better core and thats what I was going for. Thnx for the help

Thnx, I've actually used them alot in the past and they do give great support but they're a little more pricey, but I will most likely get it from them if i get the Mobo and tower at this other site. I just need to find out if it's reliable or not maybe u could tell me http://www.xpcgear.com/ they got the mobo i want cheap and the tower but the processor is more expensive than newegg. They any good?

It seems to be a pretty legit website. I would go for it. It's got a lot of positive customer reviews. I've never shopped there before though, but I'm willing to give them a try.

XViper with the 500 watt power supply and like 1 80mm fan and 2 120mm fans not to mention the cpu fan and the psu fan. I think that'll keep her nice and cool.

Back
Top Bottom