AMD athlon 64 4000+ or an FX55?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
hello all. ive been looking to get a new cpu for a long time. my first chocie was between a dual core 4600 or a FX55 which i posted about on this forum site ages ago. im going to go for the fx55 out of those two but weas wondering about the 4000+ cpu. theres a big price range difference between them (the FX55 usually being twice the price of the 4000+)

now just looking at the specs of them i can only see that there is a difference of 0.2GHZ between them. now for that small differnce in speed and that big increase in price i was thinking its not really worth going for the FX55 seeing that i have lots of students loans to pay off

so i was wondering if there difference was in the architect of the cpu which warrents the price differnce

The FX-55 is a good CPU for OCing, but also...the cache, actual speed and gaming perfromance are better on a FX-51/FX-53/FX-55/FX-57

do you know where i could get a FX51 or 53 form in the UK. are they socket 939? or is that only the 55 and 57?

go for the 4000+ I read a review that said there's practicly no difference between them

The multipliers are unlocked on the FX series, which allows for more overclocking. All Athlon 64's have locked multipliers, so you can only go so far.

I would get the 4000+. The price difference is pretty big, but the performance difference isn't. You can easily overclock the 4000+ to the FX-55's stock speeds for less moolah.

I don't know why people aren't going with the Athlon X2s. I mean, if you're going to be spending that much on a CPU, at least make it count. I can understand if your motherboard doesn't support and all but the dual cores are taking over. The retail stores like CompUSA and Best Buys all are equipped with Pentium D's and Athlon X2's now.

Because it's not what everyone needs. You should buy what you need, not what you want. Atleast if you're gonna save money.

Back
Top Bottom