Amd 3400+ Reading at a Amd 3500+

parsons

Baseband Member
I recently Bought a new Computer (Emachines t6412) it says it's a amd athlon 64 3400+

I looked up the difference between the two processors, which the 3400+ runs at 2.4 ghz and the 3500+ running at 2.2, both have 512k l2 cache

but it states that the 3500+ Uses a socket 939 and the 3400+ Uses the socket 754.

i ran a few tests (for Example CPU-Z) and it reads my processor at a 3500+ using a socket 939. running at 2.2ghz not 2.4ghz

to me this just doesn't add up. if anyone could clarify what's really going on it would be much appreciated

Its probably clocked down, because its an Emachines. But eh.. Id say part that out, because unless forced too, id never own an eMachines. Rather have a Gateway. Or dell. And I own a dell now..

well comparing emachines to Gateway is like comparing a chevy to a Gm....they are made by the same company.. same stuff really....

Yea it must have i just took off my heatsinc and it says 3500+....i guess u lucked out.

oh yea i wouldnt own anything but amd....the only reason i bought the emachines was i got the whole thing for 300 canadian.

Back
Top Bottom