all my games lag in vista

mikee

Fully Optimized
I was wondering what would be a good upgrade to reduce lag in games, I know these games will run on my computer but since vista was installed they all lag?

I only play nfs mw, gta SA and dawn of war, Do you think if I just add 512 it would give enough of a preformance increase for these cuz I'm a lil straped for cash

i'd say a 256 stick (that would bring you up to 1 gig) would work. First thing i'd think aobut doing tho is upgrading video. That card is relitivly low end, and the crappy drivers nvidia has out right now for vista make things slower (relying on other member's words for that as i don't us vista myself yet. Hopefully they will confim this for me).

If i were you, i'd hang in there for a bit and see what happens with nvidia's next driver release and see how that improves your performance. if it doesn't then i'd cosider a better card. Maybe one that supports DX 10?

eh, those aren't soo hott either. since that's the case, i'd give the ones off of NVidia a try, maybe they'll be better.

MUAHAHAHA. The legend of microsoft prevails.

you NEVER use the new operating systems. It's so funny how people do that, it's just dumb. Microsoft rushes into things because they wanna make money and they do because some people just don't learn. Every time they release something new, there is a glitch, bug, exploit or some stupid thing they did because it was easy. If microsoft finds a bug, and doesn't seem to think the money it takes to fix it is = to the people who wouldn't use it... they don't do it because it isn't a money sufficient problem. I still use 2000 because it DOESN'T BREAK. And until games need xp, i will keep using it. You dumb people automatically update thinking, "HEY GUYS, I AM USING VISTA BECAUSE I WANT TO WASTE MONEY/TIME... YAY". Almost everyone who is using vista is having problems. Games lag or don't even work. There has to be a HACK to allow it to work with many games. And until they are actually seeing a PROBLEM with people not buying it, they won't do a thing.

Don't even argue either, people who use the new microsoft os are the people who want to brag about their stupid crap. Just like my friend, who spent 2k on his computer for his dual-core processor. And guess what, he only plays WoW on it. You know how pointless that is? I said for him to use that money and maybe invest it in a LIFE.

As for fixing it, i say use XP or wait a couple months for them to realize the problem to fix it.

Dood, don't upgrade your computer. Come on now, he said they lag in VISTA. VISTA. The problem is usually the new thing added... Just maybe... 256mb card, i have a radeon 9k and i can run 3 l2's with some lag and load up 2 l2's while playing ns. I can run every game out their and it's fine. People may laugh about my specs, actually... i will say them... 512 DDR, 2gig amd, radeon 9k... And i can run everything for the simple fact that i'm not retarded and i get the things that WORK other then the things that are POPULAR. As odd as that may be for Nvidia users.

What games are you playing??

I'd say a new video card, the FX5500 is pretty crappy.

If you've got a flashdrive, using the ReadyBoost feature will increase performance a bit so you don't have to buy more RAM. Even just adding 256 MB will help:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6167115/index.html

If you've got the cash, get a decent video card and another 512MB RAM.

finalTrout said:
MUAHAHAHA. The legend of microsoft prevails.

you NEVER use the new operating systems. It's so funny how people do that, it's just dumb. Microsoft rushes into things because they wanna make money and they do because some people just don't learn. Every time they release something new, there is a glitch, bug, exploit or some stupid thing they did because it was easy. If microsoft finds a bug, and doesn't seem to think the money it takes to fix it is = to the people who wouldn't use it... they don't do it because it isn't a money sufficient problem. I still use 2000 because it DOESN'T BREAK. And until games need xp, i will keep using it. You dumb people automatically update thinking, "HEY GUYS, I AM USING VISTA BECAUSE I WANT TO WASTE MONEY/TIME... YAY". Almost everyone who is using vista is having problems. Games lag or don't even work. There has to be a HACK to allow it to work with many games. And until they are actually seeing a PROBLEM with people not buying it, they won't do a thing.

Don't even argue either, people who use the new microsoft os are the people who want to brag about their stupid crap. Just like my friend, who spent 2k on his computer for his dual-core processor. And guess what, he only plays WoW on it. You know how pointless that is? I said for him to use that money and maybe invest it in a LIFE.

As for fixing it, i say use XP or wait a couple months for them to realize the problem to fix it.

where is your proof in some of this? Microsoft did not rush vista. its been in the makings since XP was released. And i don't they rushed durring teh beta's either. I have yet to see one Major flaw in vista. most of it is driver issues which microsoft is not responsable for (video drivers, and camera's come to mind)

your post also has some heat too it. calm down and don't yell at him for buyingt a computer with vista on it. given the time, i would have upgraded too. its got a lot of usefull fetures. Come out of your shell, and expose your self to vista, and you will be better off. Its kinda like dirt. the more your exposed to things, the healthier you are and less prone to infections.

finalTrout said:
l And i can run everything for the simple fact that i'm not retarded and i get the things that WORK other then the things that are POPULAR.
umm... the new things work. my NEW 8800 has absolutly no problems. like i said before, proof please.

Back
Top Bottom