AHH!!! so frustrated!!

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
ok...i was playing CS:S (for those of you that don't know Counter Strike: Source) and all of the sudden my computer locked up. the screen went black and it kept looping the sound...no big deal right? so i pressed the restart button and it started to load back up ... but no display on the screen!! and it doesn't sound like its getting past the BIOS cuz it makes a long beep right when it starts up. i know its not the RAM itself cuz i switched that out and tried it. and i tried to start it up w/out my VGA in but i got the same sound! i have no idea whats goin on or how to fix it!! any help would be greatly appreciated.

wow...remove ur sound card, because when my sound was screwing up it was the sound card. reset bios and see if it boots

...i don't have a sound card...its onboard...but i will try to reset the BIOS but i don't think that will work. im on my brothers computer and he's getting mad at me so if it works i will report back but if it doesn't then i won't. thanx anyway

and i bet ur rearly ever on his computer, my brother does the same thing, only problem for him is if he talks too much ill punch him in the mouth

lol ok...sumthing wierd happend. when i first did it it just didn't make any sound at all. all the fans turned on and the RAM LED lights turned on and everything...but no display and no BIOS beep. but about every 4 seconds it would sound like it was restarting...so i pushed the power cord to the VGA in a little more and it started going back to the same thing it was doing. so i turned it off and reset the BIOS again but i only got my initial results. and about the brother thing...my parents are VERY protective and if i even touch my brother i get in trouble. im serious my brother crys about anything. i wish i could punch his teeth in :D

To my eyes, it looks like the mobo just died on you. There is probably a short, but...Have you tried another VGA card or tried the onboard video?

My build, everyonce and a while does the same thing. Like, it will keep going in and out of hybernation, and it sometimes will make one long beep when starting up and it won't start. But it has seased doing that, stopped a couple o weeks ago and hasn't done it since. Check your power connections.

ah... from the sounds of it, it may be something simple like the motherboard shorting to the case. I do not know why it would happen but try unscrewing the motherboard and remounting it.

haha, i never thought of the mobo shorting, and i guarantee that's it, the mounting screws are really short, man, why didn't i think of that? Oh well, it works now.

Back
Top Bottom