Beta member
My (very old) System,

Windows XP

AMD Athalon 64 Processor 3200+
2.00GHz
2.00 GB RAM
Motherboard: Seanix Tech inc System Model MS-6741

------------------------------------

I was using a Nvidia GeForce FX5200 Video Card (128mb), my power supply went and fried my video card with it.

I just got the power supply replaced and they only had a 32mb AGP Video card so I had that put in.

Current Video Card: Nvidia GeForce2 MX 100/200 (32mb)

I am headed to Vancouver next week so was going to purchase another AGP Video card to throw in my system to get it through the next few months as 32mb is causing everything to freeze up. I spoke with a few computer stores and they all recommended (Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 6600 GT 512MB AGP Video Card) for around $79.00.

Since reading the forums here, I have read some threads about buying video cards with more memory on them but they are useless as the processor and motherboard won't hold the extra memory.

Would anyone please be able to give me advice on a good AGP Video card (128mb+) that will get me through the next couple of months for web browsing, rom/emulator and java games on the computer.

Thanks for time & reply!

With my system 32mb Video Card isn't cutting it.

Wondering if I should go with a 128MB or 256MB or 512MB AGP Video Card.

I am confused after reading other posts if going up to 512MB would help with my system or a waste of $ as it won't be able to handle the memory anyway.

Thx for tips & help!

Is there really any point in investing in it?

We have a newborn in the house so will be purchasing a laptop within the next year (before she starts to crawl) and getting rid of this desktop.

I won't be purchasing a new desktop computer, as many of the games I play are rom/emulator, steam (team fortress 2/counterstrike) and java based (not like diablo 3, bf3, WoW, Skyrim, God Wars II etc, which require mega spec's) so I believe the laptop should handle those older and less demanding games.

I need to just get this desktop through the next year, which is why I was considering purchasing a new "Video Card" rather then upgrading the whole system when I am going to be recycling the desktop computer in a year or less.

Unable to purchase a (new) laptop at the moment, So considering just buying a $40 - $70 AGP Video Card.

Wondering if I should go with the 128mb or 512mb AGP card.

Thank you for reply by the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom