Adware problems

DJM1972

Baseband Member
Just got the 180 Search Assistant adware :mad: . I think its from Limewire not sure though. Hugh invasion of privacy :mad:
If I could just got my hands on one. I think i'd ring their neck :confused

:
Man what were you thinking when you made the title for this thread? It had nothing to do with the thread. And besides that it had a link to another post. In the future the thread title needs to reflact the content of the thread.

Re: How do I copy the System Configuration Utility to save it for troubleshooting

I just ran system Restore it seems ok for now. It said it renamed the 180 adware. There were 3 files.

Re: How do I copy the System Configuration Utility to save it for troubleshooting

That thing is annoying, i keep getting it

Restore didn't rename it. It mutated to hide from you. Some of this junk is pretty smart.
Disable the restore points
Disclaimer> Disabling the restore point will delete them.
Go to safe mode
Run antivirus program
Run more than one spyware program
Run reg cleaner
Reboot
Turn restore points back on.
Go get>>> Shoot the messenger>>>
http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm
This will turn off xp's built in messenger service. The bad guys can get in to your system if this is left on.

As for being on P2P networks, I look at it this way. If you gonna play, you gonna pay. And a lot of them are being dragged in to court and the users along with them.

The subject has everything to do with the article. Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. If I did I am sorry for that. You can delete this thread if you like.
About the link I must of pasted somthing by accident.

Back
Top Bottom