Acer aspire one hard drive HELP

bmwmdriver89

Beta member
So I bought this acer aspire one aoa 110-1588 on eBay knowing that it wouldn't boot. I tried to install various versions of windows that wouldn't work including windows xp home sp3, windows xp pro sp3, windows xp pro sp2, and windows 7 ultimate. I was fed up so I decided to try ubuntu. I then tried installing ubuntu and that didn't work. But i did manage to get the acer aspire to run with ubuntu installed on a flash drive with the flash drive plugged in. When I got to the ubuntu desktop screen SMART said my 8gb ssd imminent failure back up all files. It said the hard drive had some read write errors. My question is what hard drive preferable a 1.8 zif will work with my computer. I already tried putting a hitachi travelstar 30 gb from a zen vision w into the computer the connecters fit up perfectly but when I start the computer it doesn't recognize it. Maybe I need to reset my cemos or something. So what are my options cuz I want to spend $60 or under

This is a netbook, correct? Your model should have come with 2 storage media (an 8GB SSD and an 8GB SDHC card). Any other SSD should be work fine with the laptop unless you have a motherboard problem. To reset the CMOS you'd have to unscrew the entire under-plate of the laptop, and that won't guarantee that it's on the correct side (although it should be). Assuming your Hitachi test was an anomaly, your best bet is to try the current 8GB SSD in another computer and see if it's working. If it's not, replace it. If it is, then it could well be a motherboard issue.

Back
Top Bottom