Access Points

Natalya1

Daemon Poster
Guys, lets say you buy an wifi access point, can you just plug it into the Power so that it strengthens your signal? or do you have to plug it into the router?

Cause i got a wireless network at home i have set up. My main pc connects directly into the router, then i have another pc that connects wirelessly. My sisters pc connects also but she is to far and the signal is faint. Im not exactly gonna rearrange her whole room so that the pc is closer to the router. I got a heap of access points at work that i can bring home, but if i have to connect them to the router it kinda defeats the purpose. cant i just plug it in the wall so it picks up the signal and re transmitts it? so that it strengthens it? like an antenna?

i do networking, but wireless is kinda new to me.

Nat =D

Because you posted a networking question in the general hardware/software forums. Some mods are just uptight like that.

oh, well im sorry, my bad. but seeing as this thread is up anyways, can anyone help?

Sorry for the double post but i have resolved my issue. They actually sell anntennas... =S lol

oh and sorry again for posting this thread in the wrong section... you can just delete it now

Back
Top Bottom