Access, NOT TRANSFER, files between two computers connected through USB?? Help!!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone,

I just bought a belkin Easy Transfer Cable which connects two computers through USB. The annoying thing is, it won't let me just access the files, it wants to transfer them. I just want to be able to play movies from my other PC on my new one. Unfortunately I have about 300GB of movies on the other computer, and I only have a 100GB hard drive on this computer so transferring them all is not an option.

I know it can recognize the other PC through this USB connection because it recognized all of the files on the other computer when Vista tried to do an automatic transfer with its special little built in software. But I basically want the new PC to recognize the old one as a network and access shared files....

Basically I just wanna keep my old comp as a big external hard drive. Any ideas?

Check the cd that came with the cord for a networking wizard. If it doesn't have one them you can google for one. The chip in the cable that makes it work is basicly the same no matter what brand name you use. Check the ASP and Laplinq sites.

Setishock - the CD only came with some software to install if you dont have Vista so that Vista can do the file transferring... I will check for the USB Networking Wizard though --thank you!

update: no luck... the software included is only for transferring or syncing files... any ideas on what i can do to basically make it just networked??

Back
Top Bottom