8800 or wait for the 9000?

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I confused what to do. My motherboard hasnt got SLI so I want I card which will do well for crysis. Should I wait for for the 9000 or just go ahead and buy 8800gtx?

I'd say just get the GTX. There is no set release to my knowledge for the 9 series. Even if there was, Your system will barely be able to use the full potential of the 88. My system bottle necks my 88 like crazy.

just make sure you get the 640mb version one
me i upgrade my video card when i can no long play games in med settings with 25 fps constant so you wont need to upgade for a while

just make sure you get the 640mb version one
me i upgrade my video card when i can no long play games in med settings with 25 fps constant so you wont need to upgade for a while

He said GTX, not GTS. The GTX only comes in 760MB.

You can grab your 8800GTX, but I heard that the ATI drivers has been releasing some better drivers and now use the card way much better than before. If that's the case, then I'd spare cash to grab a 2900 XT.

I did hear that the 2900XT's reason for being slower, was due to a new way of anti aliasing, that would prove to be in time, better and faster than Nvidia's release in Direct X 10 settings.

You can pick up an 8800GTX for under 300 now, at least, where I've looked :p
They are website manufacturers versions, but I don't see because of that, while they'll overclock less etc. No different parts are used :p

Back
Top Bottom