6800GS question

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok my brother is thinking about buying a:

BFG / GF6800GS / 256DDR-3 / AGP8X / TVOut / DVI / Retail

im just wondering how good this card would be and what its overclocking performance would be. now before you go blabbering on about this and that dont forget this is a AGP version and not the PCI-EX version, ok info would be appreciated

for what it is its an amazing card its almost as good as the 6800gt but if u want to overclocker it u might as well order a new cooler as well while ur at it, i suggest a zalman fan what are the specs of the pc? also he might want to think about holding off on the card for a while and saving up for a pc cause it would be much better to go with pci-e

well the pci-e versions is absolutely amazing. It's about the same performance as a 6800GT, maybe even a little better and costs only like $200.

I'd gues that the agp version is good too, check if the clock speeds etc are the same. And atleast the pci-e versions overclock nicely.

im not sure if he should go with a pci-e because its just like having an agp version. some of u might say go with sl! but sl! doesnt make that big of a difference with the 6800gs. so i mean if i were him i would go with say a 6600gt and go sl! or a 6800gt
single agp or go pci-e and sl! for more performance. basically u get what you pay for.

yeah it sucks, i bought a xfx 6800 for 209.00 on directron, and two days later the gs came out, cost the exact same price!! the regular 6800 also dropped to 199.99, talk about loss of luck

the only reason i say go with pci-e is because he will be able to upgrade in the future and agp is getting pretty old now and pce-e does have double the bandwidth so its gotta be a little better

The AGP version isn't out yet. It's a pretty good card for the money...it beats the 6800 GT in most benchmarks and tests.

Not sure...the NV42 uses relatively low power compared to the NV40 core. Remember the 6800 Ultra? That hulk was a power gulper...haha...

Back
Top Bottom