6800 moddding

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
as u know (or maybe u don' know) i have a evga 6800 non-u.

i have been studying on how to unlock and enbale the 4 disabled pipelines and have come across many different methods.

Just so any of u 6800 owners know, there is a new Rivatuner coming out that has a option of pipeline enabling.

I have also heard some success stories of people flashign it with a ULtra BIOS and den reflashing it to regular 6800. THe Ultra bios enables the 4 pipelines. THe 6800 BIOS has no power to enable or disable pipelines, so when reflashed back into the 6800, it remains with 16 pipelines enabled. THen you flash it with GT BIOS and see what happens.
You will have to lower the memory speed because it doesn't use the regular DDR3. Warning on this method though, only about 10 percent of the people i know who did this mod, actually had the card to work.
50 percent fudged up their cards, and the others had to revert back to normal 6800.

the rivatuner method is the way to go IMO. but i just wanted to give hope to all u 6800 owners out there.

i'll keep u updated on the rivatuner though.

Yeh, if I had that card I really wouldn't be messing with it to much lol, if I did I'd make sure it was almost 100% safe :D

yea.
well, the people who are making Rivatuner took a MSI 6800 and enabled the 4 pipelines, and it works perfectly. Not as beastly as a GT of course, but still pretty damn close.
And the Rivatuner method is quite safe.
jus enable, and disable.

easy as overclocking.

Yeh definately. Only reason they disable it is so people buy the more advanced models thus they make more money. It's easier for them to develop a superior product then create the budget version from that, just program the bios differently and stick cheaper RAM on it. Cards are ultimately worth the cheap metal they are made from lol.

well, ur kind of right.

Sometimes the cards pipelines aren't disabled because they wanna make budget cards. Sometimes the pipelines are defective, thus they just disable 4 and call it a non-u 6800.

I just want to tell everyone now, this pipeline enabling thing is just luck of the draw, you can hav a perfectly working one, or just a crappy one. heads up on the MSI though, they seem to have gotten it to work.
jus waiting on confirmation for the EVGA

Well when I get my XFX one I will let you know. But that could be friday and if these guys dont have it on my doorstep by friday they are going to get a horrible rating for me. HAH.

if I can bump it up to 16 pipelines. By the way do you have a link for all this?

i suggest u don't try to bump it up to 16 pipelines until the rivatuner is released.

http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=1750

sexy, eh???
this version of rivatuner is not released yet, the guy who makes it just came back from vaca, so don't expect it to come out until near end of month.

i'm also hearing rumors that different brands have different memory. anyone wanna verify this? I'm hearing chaintech has 2.2 ns hynix mem.

wanna know which ones hav better mem.

Back
Top Bottom