64 bit driver problems

ttoille

Beta member
Ok, So the other day I crashed my laptop due to a virus. I then realized, I don't have the recovery disc for WinXP 64. So I ordered a new version and installed it today:). It installed fine and I was happy, untill I got the driver disc out... Apparently, when I bought my laptop w/ x64 allready installed, It wasn't really x64... NONE of the drivers on the driver disc work for my new copy of x64!!!

So I come here today to ask, how the H*LL do I fix this. I have looked at IBuyPower.com (where I originally purchased the laptop) and they tell me to go to the manufacture's websites... So I went to ATI's website and downladed the closest thing they had to my drivers, and they did not work. During the install I got a 'Missing INF File' error.

I emailed I buy power earlier today and have not recieved an asnwer, hopefully tomarrow.

So frusterating!
Thanks,

ttoille

Yeah, i think you will have to just look for those drivers. I have a cyberpower. I think ibuypower and Cyberpower are ownd buy the same person they have horrible service computer are ok but they take forever to reply and yes they do pull stuf like that. Like telling you x64 was installed ect. Cyberpower sent me the wrong dvd burner and said that they sent the rite one..Dont rely on them try to google the driveers you need..

Dev0115 said:
Yeah, i think you will have to just look for those drivers. I have a cyberpower. I think ibuypower and Cyberpower are ownd buy the same person they have horrible service computer are ok but they take forever to reply and yes they do pull stuf like that. Like telling you x64 was installed ect. Cyberpower sent me the wrong dvd burner and said that they sent the rite one..Dont rely on them try to google the driveers you need..

Yes good ol' google, dosn't seem to be helping though. Thanks anyways.

But if they tell me, here is a 64-bit computer, w/ 64 OS and drivers... why wouldnt those drivers work w/ my new OS. IMO somebody should be sued... but I don't wana do it. Oh, now that I think about it, when I bought this laptop from them, I was also supposed to get a power adaptor, and an extra battery... But I guess they forgot even after I talked to them 10 times...

Have fun with XP 64bit... Just install XP standard; nothing's going to be compatible otherwise. Wait another year or two for Vista :D

Yeah i have amd 3400 never bothered going to x64 i stuck wit xp home...aplpications dont support 64 bit well most of them dont

07mackenzie said:
Have fun with XP 64bit... Just install XP standard; nothing's going to be compatible otherwise. Wait another year or two for Vista :D

LOL, I really don't want to get on the topic of Vista. IMO, it is really really bad! But yeah, I will probally go get myself a copy of 32-bit... My only question is am I not going to reach the full potential during gaming? I got 64 for a reason, support higher end games, so I don't want to lose preformance... Than again I won't even be able to play them without video drivers, lol.

Verdict, switching to 32-Bit again! not w00t
ttoille

Back
Top Bottom