4200+ X2 AM2 (stock speed)
7600GT CO
3GB DDR2 Kingston ram(pc 4300)
Abit KN9 SLi mobo

E6600 (OC'd @ 3.19 stock cooling)
1Gb DDR2 Patriot ram(pc 5300)
7600GT
Asus SLi Mobo

Yes i know i have 2 extra gigs of ram, but even before i put the other two sticks in my scores were higher. Could it be the graphics cards? They are the same but different. I don't think it would matter that much. Even on the CPU test when i was Oc'd to 2.55 on my 4200+ my max FPS on the cpu test was 3 FPS at max and he was getting 2 at his max

He also has a problem playing Regular CS 1.6 Its very sketchy and he gets 3-5 FPS on the serverlist page, and 20FPS at most in game.

What could be wrong?

There could be a lot of reasons why there is a performance difference. Compare scores with clean installs of operating systems and drivers. Same settings for everything. Same amount of RAM, same video card clock speeds, same hard drives, same RAM timings.

When you run 3dmark if your focusing on which cpu is better you need to look at the cpu score not the overall score. Now looking at that score compare and you'll soon find out a 4200amd won't hold a candle to a e6600. If you further want to challenge the cpu download sandra and run the cpu bench's and see which handles more calculations etc per second.

yeah the amd would perform better ingames if it had an 8800 yet the c2d only has a 7600 but it would be unfair to compare them too as one vid card is very much better than the other , if you look at benchmarks on internet like toms hardware yoou will seee they try to get conditions of both machines as near to each other as pos so that would be a fair benchmark , thats like comparing my athlon xp 2000+ and 512mb ram and integrated gaphics to the athlon 1.1ghzz with 1 gig of ram and a powerfull gpu the athlon 1.1 would prolly win yet if i am comparing cpu's the 2000+ wud be better

intel core 2 duo kills all
u gave it and un fair test

Iunno, I have a problem with people who just go around yelling Core 2 Duo kills all, I just find it really ignorant and unecessary, afterall, if that were true, we wouldn't see AMD, or a Barcelona.

Iunno, I have a problem with people who just go around yelling Core 2 Duo kills all, I just find it really ignorant and unecessary, afterall, if that were true, we wouldn't see AMD, or a Barcelona.
i agree , intel may outperform but only the core 2 dua and another think amd is much better for your wallet
and plus the top end amd x2 would kill a puny lil e6300 or the 4300 series easily

plus the top end amd x2 would kill a puny lil e6300 or the 4300 series easily
thats true, but when matched end-to end (basically low-end to low-end or whatever) the C2D usually (ephisis on usually) comes out the winner. Putting a low end C2D against a high end AMD isn't really all that accurate.

Yeah, you have to compare equally priced products.

It's like saying a Lamborghini is faster than a Honda Civic. Duh..

Back
Top Bottom