3x 24" monitors ---> 3x 28" monitors ( guidance please )

frldyz

In Runtime
Hi guys.
Looking for some guidance, advice, thoughts and opinions ( again... :whistling: )

Me: Newb. computer enthusiast ( but with very little spare time to learn ).
Gamer: No. Coder: No. I.T: No. Watch movies: No. ..pretty boring :trash:
Internet junkie: Yes!

Currently I have 3 x 24" Acer 144hz gaming monitors.
Why did I buy 144hz monitors if I don't game or do movies? They had a killer deal on newegg 2 years ago and I couldn't resist.
Why 3 monitors? Because my PC and GPU has no problems running 3 monitors. And it's handy as $%^$#^. Not to mention cool.

I'm seriously thinking of ditching these monitors... They are good monitors but there is 1 thing that drives me nuts. It has a terrible delay when trying to wake up from sleep or turning on in the am. I can turn on all 3 monitors. Boot my PC, sign in and be on the desktop screen waiting before the display comes on and I don't need 144hz refresh rate.

I have plenty of room on my desk to go bigger. I'd like to do 3x28" monitors. 3 x 28" monitors might seem huge to some of you. But after using 3 x 24" monitors for a couple of years 24" is no big deal.

I've debated going the 2k or 4k route. But again I don't game & I don't watch movies. I'd pull the trigger on 2k or 4k but the reduced size of images and font would drive me nuts. Tiny font on a 28" monitor would make me go insane. I'm sure there might be software out there or programs to adjust this. But I'm not sure. So that is why a standard 1080 display is the way I'm leaning towards.

I'd like to hear some of your opinions and experiences with doing 3 monitors this big.

This is what I have: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...2&cm_re=acer_144hz_24"-_-24-009-642-_-Product

This is what I'm looking @: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-002S-000E0

BTW: What would you guys suggest selling the 3x Acer 24 144hz monitors that I have @? $500?, $450? $400? I'm pretty anal. All boxes, styrafoam, papers, booklets, CD's etc... still tucked away in a closet. As a matter of fact I still have the protective plastic films on the bezels of the monitors.

Thank you everyone.

I7 4790k
16gb Ballistix ram
Noctua NHD14 cooler
MSI 970 GTX GPU

Are you on Windows? There is an option that lets you adjust DPI, which would make objects and fonts look bigger in the screen, so that's not a problem. Debian, Ubuntu and Mint all have similar settings, so you should be covered anyways.

Since size and resolutions are a personal decision, then I don't know what to tell you. You should consider your budget and maybe try out a few different monitors.

I don't think your problem is the monitors. Those are super fast monitors and you want to replace them with slower monitors.

So, why do you think these 28" monitors will have faster on-times than the 24" ones?

No no no no.....
I think you guys misinterpreted my intention.
I'm not looking to replace my monitors for speed.
I don't need fast monitors. I don't game or watch movies. I only surf the internet and am slowly dabbling in photoshop.

I understand the 24" Acer 144hz monitors I have right now are fast and faster then the 28" monitors in the link. But again speed is not my concern.

My intention is to simply go from 24" to 28".
I am aware I will loose the refresh rate but that's not important to me.

I just wanna go BIG!!! lol

If you're going BIG, and don't care about refresh rate, why not just buy 3x 32" televisions... it might even be less expensive.

I've only got 2x 22" monitors at work, and i think if i added a third, i'd end up giving myself whiplash looking back and forth.

sorry, i thought this was your problem:
I'm seriously thinking of ditching these monitors... They are good monitors but there is 1 thing that drives me nuts. It has a terrible delay when trying to wake up from sleep or turning on in the am. I can turn on all 3 monitors. Boot my PC, sign in and be on the desktop screen waiting before the display comes on and I don't need 144hz refresh rate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom