3DMark06

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
okay, i am about to run 3DMark06 on my computer, and i was wondering what settings i set.
Do i max out everything i can? AA, resolution, etc
or do i do the defaults?
i want to see how my computer go with others.

From what I've seen on video card tests with it, places like Hardware Canucks, etc. use the highest settings and then either 0X or 4X AA.

so what should i do?
max out everything with AA off or on?
i maxed everything, and the score is on my sig.
Without AA its almost twice the number but with a less few hundreds.

It is generally accepted that you run 3DMark06 at the default settings with overclocked hardware, you can get insane results from things like negative LOD bias but you'll get laughed out of any serious forum as soon as you post the result.

That result seems low, is any of your hardware overclocked?

How does your cpu score compare to other 7200 based systems on the ORB?

i cant find anything on the ORB, dont really know how. Should i register? is it free?
all my things are stock.
the resolution of the setting was 1680x1050, and the rest was maxed AA, and maxed texture filtering, and ran all tests that took 13min.

I'd suggest running it at default for a better indication, your score will be higher for sure.

If your 3DMark06 is genuine then the ORB is free, I presume you received a copy of the Advanced version with your graphics card.

When you post a score to the ORB you can then use the compare function to compare to similar systems

im using the 177.92 i think. i got it from the nvidia force within site.
http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp
i dont remember exactly what i had before, but it seems like theres a new driver, and the one i have is the one before it.
Think i should update?
or should i go back to the regular basic one from the original site?

i dont know if the previous drivers performed better, i didnt really researched the drivers since my comp died and had to rebuild it, and i havent researched this one yet either.

EDIT - I updated the drivers, and ran 3DMark06 again, and i got 10781.
which it seems like i got 20 higher than last time.

20 points in 3DMark06 is nothing, you can get difference like 200 points without changing anything.

The good thing about the latest driver is NVIDIA PhysX, in your start menu under all programmes you should have a NVIDIA Corporation folder which contains a NVIDIA PhysX Poperties shortcut, this new driver off loads the PhysX to the cpu without the need for a dedicated PhysX card such as the Ageia.

You can also use a second vga card (G90 core or later iirc) and dedicate it to run PhysX now if you want to.

There's not many games that utilise PhysX yet, there is a list on the NVIDIA site, the only ones I had were Medal of Honor: Airborne and UT3

Back
Top Bottom