2GB of Ram work, not 4GB? x64 Vista

superman22x

Golden Master
I just bought another 2gb of RAM for my computer, and when I have all 4gb in, it sort of boots up, takes about 20 minutes, and the display drivers stop responding, so the screen will flash on for like 10 seconds, then off again. It's really weird, but it only does it when I have all 4gb in, when I put in just 2gb, wether it's the new or old stuff, any slots, it works fine... Any ideas to fix that?

THanks

MSI 650i P6N SLI
It supports up to 8gb.

One thing I was thinking, maybe its cause the CAS rating on the new RAM is lower, like 3-3-3-12 or something(got it from bulzi) and the old stuff is the norm, 5-5-5-15

That update is for 64 bit operating systems..is there a similar sort of problem and patch for 32 bit?. Tried updating from 1Gig to 4 Gig on my brothers laptop and it Blue screens on start up.

No good... It will not let me install the update, says it's not applicable to my system... and when I have 4gb in I can barely boot up... Can I adjust the timings in the BIOS somehow and possibly boot up?

Alright, so I went to MSI's website cause I read somewhere about updating the BIOS for 4gb with an MSI board, so maybe thats what I need to do. I download the newest BIOS version, and read the instructions. It says not to flash with a floppy disk, get a windows 98 bootfloppy, and flash from there. We dont all have windows 98 discs lying around! idk what to do, I might have a 95 disc, can someone help me out here?

Back
Top Bottom