2 dual core cpu's in server board yet only 2 cores show up? (device manager says 4)

krone6

In Runtime
This is a server for personal use, not a business... So feel free to tell me things i could try that i normally couldn't for businesses...

I swapped some opteron 250's out for some 280's on my ls20 server since i was putting everything onto one server instead of three, it would be cheaper. I decided it'd be best if it had the best of all of my equipment. When i put the cpu's in i took the bios battery out and let it sit for 2 minutes, then put it back in. I went into bios and just incase reset everything to default. I started up my server and task manager states 2 cores, not 4. I know both cpu's work since it was in another server, (Silly me i should have just moved hdd's and ram instead). The weird part is that device manager says i have 4, i also tried checking for hardware changes and drivers and nothing was found. I installed vmware and ubuntu and that states there's only 2 as well, and ubuntu's system monitor says 2 too...

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the other 2 cores back so i can have some fun with a 4 core vps? :)

Back
Top Bottom