1 last ? lol (MOBO)

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
My new mobo has 2 ethernet hook ups to total at 1gb transfer rate, anyhow, how do you hook up two? My router has plenty ethernets available 1-5, do I just hook up 2 into it that way? is that how it works?

if its from the same source then it wont make a difference, but say if u had a wireless adapter and a landline internet. then i think u can bridge the two

My new mobo has 2 ethernet hook ups to total at 1gb transfer rate, anyhow, how do you hook up two? My router has plenty ethernets available 1-5, do I just hook up 2 into it that way? is that how it works?

You need a more expensive switch that supports port teaming if you want to simply increase your speed, which is the reason why they put two ports on desktop computers.

okay, i have a wireless adapter, to lets say I plug my cable modem directly to my computer, and use my router to hit my neighbors (Hook it all up), It would increase the internet speed? hehe

okay, i have a wireless adapter, to lets say I plug my cable modem directly to my computer, and use my router to hit my neighbors (Hook it all up), It would increase the internet speed? hehe

Among breaking laws, you wouldn't increase your internet speed. A TCP connection can't use two separate links like that at the same time, due to the lack of being able to use two IP addresses.

Back
Top Bottom