usb hub keep pc from booting

DJM1972

Baseband Member
I'm running an old dinasore pc and I tried to plug a usb hub into it and when I boot the pc it just stops before it even boots. Can I change something in the Bios? Or its there nothing I can do.

Thanks

the bios is checking it for a boot record.
you should be able to disable the usb booting feature or put it at the bottom of the boot list.
I like mine as follows,
1. cd rom
2. hard drive
3 floppy, usb, network, etc.

yes when i had floppy as the first boot device usb things would get in the way.

now i have the cd first and then hdd and the rest dont matter as it is behide the hdd

its not uncommon for this to be an issue and alot of the times the bios doesnt even have a setting for boot from USB as this problem does tend to be with older machines which dont support that function.

you can always try a bios update

its not uncommon for this to be an issue and alot of the times the bios doesnt even have a setting for boot from USB as this problem does tend to be with older machines which dont support that function.

you can always try a bios update

We'll I decided I want to try the new magicjack out. But Its usb and I only have 2 usb plugs on this MFD pc 1999. I have a scanner, printer, hub, camera, joy stick and I don't know what else. I do enough usb plug swapping one more usb wire and I might go over the edge. And one thing is for sure I can't afford a new pc right now.

Well I tried arraging my boot sequence to:
1. cd
2. hd
3. network
4. floppy

Actually this is what it was already set to.

A bios update sounds about like the only option for me.

I have a Gateway, Intell Pentium 2,
What more info do I need to get a bios update?

u need to go to your motherboards manafacturer website and look for a downloads page then type in your mobo name and it should be there

Back
Top Bottom